The Missionaries of the Precious Blood are celebrating their bicentennial in 2015!
The Precious Blood Bicentennial was held on August 15, 2015 at our motherhouse, St. Charles Center, Carthagena, Ohio. We hosted over 1,700 guests at this public event which included an outdoor Mass and mission presentation.
We also co-sponsored Jubilation! with the Northern Network of Youth Ministers. Jubilation! was a youth and family event held on August 9, 2015 at the Spiritual Center of Maria Stein & The Shrine of the Holy Relics.
If you missed the event, or just want to relive the celebration, here are some helpful links.
- Bicentennial Celebration
- This gallery contains pictures from both Jubilation! and the August 15 celebration at St. Charles Center. In addition, you will find pictures from our other C.PP.S. sites as they celebrated 200 years of service to God’s people.
- Bicentennial Pilgrimage
- Members, Companions, and friends from all over the world took a 4 day pilgrimage to Rome where they walked in the footsteps of St. Gaspar del Bufalo, founder of the Missionaries of the Precious Blood.
- A Missionary's Life
- Fr. Barry Fischer, C.PP.S., former moderator general, talks about his calling as a Missionary and the things he has learned during his years of walking among God's people.
- A Celebration of the C.PP.S. Missionary Spirit
- As part of the Precious Blood Bicentennial on August 15, 2015, Missionaries and lay people were invited to talk about how the C.PP.S. missionary spirit is lived out in many ways in missions, parishes and other sites where the C.PP.S. is in ministry.
- Bicentennial Mass
- Over 1,700 people were in attendance as the Missionaries of the Precious Blood celebrated their bicentennial with an outdoor Mass at St. Charles Center, Carthagena, Ohio, on August 15, 2015, the actual 200th anniversary of the founding of the Congregation. Archbishop Dennis Schnurr of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati was the presider and Fr. William Nordenbrock, C.PP.S., the moderator general, was the homilist.
- The Blood that Draws All Near
- Fr. Bill Nordenbrock, C.PP.S., moderator general of the Missionaries of the Precious Blood, delivers the homily at the Precious Blood Bicentennial at St. Charles Center, Carthagena, Ohio.
- Power in the Blood (slideshow)
- This slideshow was shown during the Precious Blood Bicentennial on August 15.
- Peru Bicentennial Celebration
- Video recorded by Lily Mejia Pineda
- Bicentennial Pilgrimage
- Members, candidates, Companions and friends of the Community participated in a pilgrimage to Rome to join the C.PP.S. worldwide family in the celebration of its bicentennial.
- Purchase a bicentennial T-Shirt
- The Missionaries have asked youth at the Precious Blood Ministry of Reconciliation (PBMR) to produce C.PP.S. Bicentennial t-shirts. Ordering a shirt (or two) is a great way to support not only the Missionaries but also the youth who will be making the shirts. To order a Bicentennial shirt, please return the attached order form plus payment to the PBMR.