The Missionaries of the Precious Blood are pleased to announce the 65th anniversary of Fr. James Dugal, C.PP.S.
Fr. Dugal, 86, a native of Jackson, Mich., entered the society in 1948 and was ordained on June 2, 1956, at St. Charles Seminary in Carthagena, Ohio. Fr. Dugal has served in parishes and in retreat and renewal ministry.
After his ordination, Fr. Dugal was assigned to parish ministry at Precious Blood Church in Fort Wayne from 1956–59. He then served as an instructor at Brunnerdale, the Society’s high school seminary in Canton, Ohio, from 1959–65.
In 1965, Fr. Dugal was named spiritual director of St. Charles Seminary. He entered into retreat and renewal ministry in 1970 at the Maria Stein, Ohio, Retreat House.
He returned to parish work in 1978 as the pastor of Precious Blood Church in Fort Wayne, Ind., where he served until 1983, when he returned to retreat and renewal ministry.
In 1990, Fr. Dugal was named pastor of St. James the Less Church in Columbus, where he served for nine years. In 1999, he became pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Montezuma, Ohio.
Fr. Dugal also served in leadership with the Congregation as a member of its provincial council.
In 2011, Fr. Dugal retired to St. Charles Center, where he makes his home. He continues in parish ministry as he offers help to local pastors.
“Our jubilarians demonstrate for us what lives of faith and service look like,” said Fr. Jeffrey Kirch, C.PP.S., provincial director of the Cincinnati Province. “We are happy to honor them for their many years of ministry to God’s people, and celebrate the example they set for us as Missionaries of the Precious Blood.”